Sometimes parents have a problem with a child they work and work on but cannot seem to solve. It may be significant but you do not wish to engage a more expensive process. Sometimes changing communication, a disciplinary strategy, and/or adapting the child’s environment can make a big difference. A little coaching and help from a qualified person can enable you to make a small change which leads to much better relationships and better behavior for the child.
Parent coaching is conducted by e-mail from the safety and security of your home. It is designed to provide inexpensive but very effective, focused, help for specific challenges you face. If the problem is something bigger the coach may suggest more intensive therapy and counseling. If that is not possible your coach can help you find a professional and make a qualified referral to a specialist giving you confidence your needs and values will be respected. The first session is free. If you'd like to know more about the rates following your free session, click here.
This service is supervised by the remarkable staff at the Child and Family Psychology clinic.
- Introducing ourselves to you so you can be confident in us.
- Using a discovery process to help us be acquainted with what you do, what your child is or is not doing, and the environment or situation in which the problem takes place.
- Developing goals for you, for your child, and for your relationship.
- Crafting a method or strategy designed to bring about the desired change and help you achieve your goals.
- Creating a process of focused follow up to ensure the changes are made and the strategy is carried out.
- Measuring progress and bringing about closure.