Sometimes married people have a problem they work and work on but cannot seem to solve. It may be significant and annoying but you think you can live with it and besides one or both of you do not wish to seek more expensive and involved counseling. As it turns out many marital problems, unless solved quickly either become repetitive events which are more difficult to change as time passes and/or unsolved smaller problems lead to something worse. Sometimes changing communication, making better decisions, interacting with each other, or learning how to make individual changes can make a big difference.
A little coaching and help from a qualified person can enable you to make a small change which leads to much better relationships and more fulfillment. Marriage coaching is conducted by e-mail so you can stay in the safety and security of your home and don’t have to travel. It is designed to provide inexpensive but very effective focused help for specific challenges you face. It may include the resources you can find on leadingfamilies.com If the problem is something bigger the coach may suggest more intensive therapy and counseling.
If that is not possible with your coach in whom you have already become confident your coach can help you find another professional and make a qualified referral to a specialist giving you confidence your needs and values will be respected. The first session is free. To get started, email a representative with your situation and question and a response will be returned promptly.
- Introducing ourselves to you so you can be confident in us.
- Using a discovery process to help us be acquainted with what you do, what your partner does or does not do, and learning about the situation or context in which the problem takes place.
- Developing goals for you, for your partner, and for your relationship.
- Crafting a method or strategy designed to bring about the desired change and help you achieve your goals.
- Creating a process of focused follow up to ensure you make the changes you have agreed to and the strategy is carried out.
- Measuring progress and bringing about closure.
This service is supervised by the remarkable staff at the Child and Family Psychology clinic.